Sunday, May 22, 2011

Go Cougs!



We went with our friends, Amma and James Brown, to the Rugby finals at Rio Tinto Stadium last night. BYU took 2nd in a really close game against Cal. (14-21) It was a seriously intense game and I had never seen my husband behave like such a crazy fan. (he played Rugby for BYU) Bishop Garlick was sitting behind us and also was extremely excited about the game. In fact when he conducted Sacrament today, his voice sounded a bit hammered.
Just a side note about Rugby, I do not pretend to actually understand all the rules but I can tell you it is by far the most exciting sport to watch. The players have no safety gear, it is rough, intense, fast, and a rush to watch. I especially like watching BYU play because at the beginning of most games they do the "Haka" which is a traditional dance form of the Maori of New Zealand, where you hit your chest and stomp your feet. What I would do to have seen my husband do that!

No comments:

Post a Comment