Sunday, May 22, 2011

I'm so proud of my little man!



Lex receiving his Kindergarten graduation diploma.




The whole class!




Lex with his incredible teacher, Mrs. Williams.



Lex and Daddy.



Lex and Mommy.



It has been amazing to see how much Lex has grown this year. My favorite Lex quote he said to his teacher was, "My brain is just going all the time and I just can't shut it off." I have loved to watch him realize what a smart big boy he is! When I would ask him what I did at school he would usually say, "nothing," "played," or "worked." But then he would throw random facts at me out of the blue like, "Mom did you know all living things grow, and I'm a living thing so I grow." Seriously, it just melts my heart. At the graduation the kids recited a poem by A.A. Milne:

When I was One,
I had just begun.

When I was Two,
I was nearly new.

When I was three,
I was hardly me.

When I was Four,
I was not much more.

When I was Five,
I was just alive.

But now I am Six, I'm clever as clever.
So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever.

--A.A. Milne

 
I cried just thinking about the almost six years we have had with our little man. Where does the time go? I can't believe how fast Lex has grown up and I'm so proud of the sweet little boy he is. My favorite time with him is in the morning when he comes in with his sleepy eyes and says good-morning mommy. I will treasure those words forever. Congratulations buddy, We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment