Sunday, May 22, 2011

Good news, Bad news!


Maya playing "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?"


Ellie playing, "Cruella De Vil"


Ellie with her piano teacher, Patricia Ockey


Maya with her trophy!




If you can tell from the above pics there is one very happy little girl and one well is not so much. Piano recitals have become something that is dreaded in our family because of the extreme drama that usually plays out afterwards. The girls have always worked so hard for the coveted trophies that are given at the Spring Recital and up until this point neither has taken one. I personally think it is silly. All the kids work hard and deserve recognition, but I guess for some this is a great motivator. Needless to say, I was very very proud of Maya for accumulating the most points in her level. She took home this grand trophy that now sits on our piano front and center so it is the first thing you see when you enter the house. Ellie, on the other hand was absolutely devastated. She works very hard to fit practicing into her busy schedule and really works to make her pieces sound beautiful, but it just wasn't in the cards. They both played beautifully and I am so proud of each of them for working hard to develop their talents. Mostly, I'm proud they are sweet girls, that are kind to others (most of the time) and try to do the right thing.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I'm Sorry Ellie I thought you both were amazing!!!!!!!!!!! If it makes her feel any better I took from Mrs. Ockey for years and years and years and years and I'm pretty sure I never got a trophy:)

    ReplyDelete