Monday, April 25, 2011

Ellie's 10th Birthday


















I'm Still trying to figure out how this blogging thing, so my pictures are completely out of order, so any experts out there, give me some tips on how to re-arrange my photos. So the last pictures were actually on Ellie's birthday and the first were of her party two days later.
We celebrated Ellie's birthday with her dinner of choice (ravioli casserole and chocolate molten cake) She opened gifts from all of us, but I have to say the sweetest was from Maya. She gave her a beanbag chair that she used her allowance to purchase. Ryan and I gave her Felicity which is an "American Girl Doll" and we are taking her to see Les Miserables in June. So end of birthday celebration right? Wrong. Ha Ha Ha (with my evil laugh) Friday Ellie went to her friend Kaitlyn Belliston's house to hang out while we got everything ready. Her friends didn't even know about the party until earlier that day. I just told their mother's, but I knew that if the girls knew, the surprise would be hijacked! So of course when she walked in we all jumped up from behind the couch and yelled "surprise! Happy Birthday! All of us each put a lei on her, since it was a Hawaiian Luau party. Then they ate bbq pork sandwiches, fruit kabobs, chips and tropical smoothies. After dinner, the girls decorated flip flops with fun little jewels and then played a "hula" hoop game and limbo. Then after gifts and cake and ice cream they disappeared downstairs until we took them home around 10 P.M. WOW what a wonderful celebration! I love surprises and parties. Every year I say I am going to tone things down, but I just keep thinking the kids are only going to be young once.
I do have to say a few words about my sweet little birthday girl. Ellie. Being the oldest, she has inherited so many responsibilities. I really don't know what I would do without her. She has always been so thoughtful and willing to help in any way she can. My life changed the day she was born, but really before that. I felt her give me strength to overcome trials even before she was thought of. When Ryan blessed her when she was newborn baby, he said that Heavenly Father had a very hard time letting her go because she was such a special little spirit. I see that special spirit in her everyday. I love you so much my little ray of sunshine! Happy 10th Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment