Monday, April 25, 2011

Spring Break

So this last year I have traveled quite a bit with kids flying solo. I took them to Disneyland a few times, spent 3 1/2 weeks in Seattle and drove home by myself among other local excursions we took on. One thing I have discovered about myself is that I am a much nicer mommy when I keep things simple and don't give in to some of my crazy ideas. So lesson LEARNED! I really wanted to take the kids to San Diego or St. George this year for spring break, but I knew it would be insane to do it by myself, instead I opted to explore all the fun and educational attractions we have around here. I have to say we had an amazing time, even Liam was great. The most difficult task was keeping track of Maya, my eight year old! :)

Monday: We went to the Children's Museum at the Gateway in Salt Lake City with my parents and had lunch at the food court.

Tuesday: We ate at Pizza Pie Cafe for lunch,the kids' favorite restaurant. They had all the pizza, pasta, and desserts they could fit in their little tummies. We went to the movies that night and saw Rango with daddy. It was not a great movie and Liam was crazy, but it was still fun.

Wednesday: We went swimming at the Lehi Legacy Center. What a surprise that turned out to be. Liam has always been a little shy about getting in the water. Oh no not this time as soon as he saw the pool he made a run for it and went right in. We swam for three hours! Then we came home packed a lunch and went to the park. Later that night daddy took the girls to a Real Soccer game in a snow storm,it sure was a good thing they won!!!!!

Thursday: We hung out at Trafalga in Lehi. The kids golfed, rode rides, rock climbed and played laser tag. The rest of the day we cleaned the house because Grandma Ewer was arriving that night. (a surprise for the kids.)

Friday: We visited The Hogle Zoo, which was another fun experience with Liam.(I love this age when everything is so new and exciting.) He was so thrilled about all the animals, especially the monkeys.

Saturday:We took another trip to Salt Lake City. We went the Church History Museum, which has an amazing children's exhibit on the Book of Mormon. We also walked through Temple Square and enjoyed the beautiful flowers and went on the roof of the Conference Center. What an amazing day!!!!!! The weather was perfect and we actually got a little sun!
















No comments:

Post a Comment