Thursday, April 28, 2011

Girls Night Out!



Girls night out is seriously the best remedy for a stressed out tired mom. It was especially wonderful because I got to combine a few of my very best friends into one night! I met Trish (far left) twelve years ago at a mission reunion. She was engaged to Gordon Atkinson, who was my previous district leader when I was serving a mission in the Philippines. Gordon was also Ryan's companion. (this was also the night Ryan and I began our very short courtship.) Trish and I instantly hit it off, we had so much to chat about and I absolutely loved her. We ended up getting married a week a part from each other, we have kids close to the same ages and have stayed close all of these years. I just love her to death and she is so talented at many things but most specifically interior designing. Check out her blog @ http://tdadecoratinganddesign.blogspot.com

Years ago when I worked MyFamily.com Missy Bezzant was the executive secretary. I thought she was a big wig (which she laughs about now.) Ryan worked with her as well and one day they were talking about where we were building our home, which happened to two houses down from where her best friend Aimee was building her house. Small world, huh? We really got to know Missy and her husband Russ, when they came with Aimee and her husband Brad, to stay with us in London. They would come back to our place after a long day of site-seeing and we would talk and laugh and Russ would play around with the kids. It was the beginning of a long friendship. Since we have been home, I have had some of the best girls nights out with Missy. We talk, laugh, and eat for hours. There are some pretty funny stories, but I think I'll keep those ones to myself. :)

Aimee(far right) is one of those people that you only meet once in a lifetime. We were neighbors before we went to London, but after we came home is when we became really close friends. I honestly don't know what I would do with out her. She has been there for me in hundreds of moments of crisis, she watches the boys when I go to school (she is like my kid's second mom), she listens to me complain and stress about every aspect of my life, we have been on trips together, I mean really the list goes on and on. I know she has been put in my life because the Lord knew I needed someone like her. We also have been trading dinners once a week for five years, which has been such a great thing to have a night off of cooking.(I highly suggest it.)

Movie Review:
We saw Water For Elephants, starring Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson. I heard mixed reviews about the movie, but I LOVED it! It started out kind of slow and I kept expecting the romance thing to kick in, but when it did, wow! It also had lots of action and suspense, so this is one "chick flick" the guys will like too!

No comments:

Post a Comment